I know it is January and everyone is on their health kicks but we all have to live a little and have a little bit of what we fancy, other wise whats the point of toffee and chocolate being put on the planet!
I have never made a Banoffee Pie before as it looked fairly hard but I was wrong. It is one of the easiest things ever and it is so yummy - one of my staff even licked the plate :)
You will need:
250g of Digestive Biscuits
110g of Unsalted Butter
1 Tin of Condeneced Milk
2 Ripe (almost brown) Bananas
1 pot of Double Cream (wipped)
1 Flake or Coco Powder.
1. Without opening the tin of Condensed Milk, place the tin in a pan of water (fully covered) and bring to the boil, leaving to simmer for 1 hour and 30/45 mins, then allow to cool completely(mine took about 30mins). I think you can buy the already cooked milk though.
2. Melt the butter in a pan on a very low heat.
3. Break and crush the biscuits (I did this in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin :)) and then place in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the melted butter to the biscuits and stir thoroughly (the biscuit seems quite dry but it is perfect once it sets)
5. Press the biscuit mix into a greased cake tin. I used one you can pop the bottom out of so I could get it out, but a spring case will be good too.
6. Place the biscuit base in the fridge for about an hour to set.
7. Carefully open the cooled tin of condensed milk and spoon the contents onto the biscuit base, spreading evenly. It is fairly sticky but spreads easily with a spoon.
8. Leave pie to chill for an hour in the fridge.
9. Chop the Bananas and place on toffee
10. Spread the whipped cream over the chilled pie.
11. Sprinkle chocolate on the top.
12. Chill untill ready to serve, or scoff on the Sofa :)
13. Go for a run! hehe